PNEUMOSLIDE is an immunofluorescence test for simultaneous detection of 9 species of bacteria and viruses, the most common triggers of respiratory infections that are not detected by classical methods
A large number of respiratory infections are ATYPICAL PNEUMONIAS, which are caused by ATYPICAL PATHOGENS that look line an usual cold, but do not respond to the usual therapy. Instead, they might prolong and exacerbate the condition, may cause complications and prolong the recovery.
Microorganism detected by Pneumoslide:
Respiratory Syncytial Virus
Parainfluenza (serotypеs 1,2,3)
These are the causes of infections that are very common, but very difficult to identify and for that reason – difficult to treat!
IDENTIFICATION OF THE RIGHT CAUSE OF THE DISEASE IS CRUCIAL FOR PROPER TREATMENT
When should Pneumoslide be offered?
– Any respiratory infection is an INDICATION!
– Prolonged respiratory infections which do not respond to the usual therapy
– COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
– Immunocompromised patients (Patients with impaired immune system)
– Cardiac, dermatological, neurological, rheumatological, gastrointestinal and hematological manifestations
Pneumoslide is important for:
– Quick etiologic diagnosis
– Detection of the most common causes of respiratory infections
– Adequate etiologic therapy
– No risk of developing drug resistance
– Shortens the duration of the illness
– Prevents development of complications
– Economic testing – DETECTION OF 9 PATHOGENIC AT ONCE!!